Sunday, September 13, 2015

"...by small and simple things.."

Hello! 
This week was so fast! President and Sister Harrington came to Grenada this week for Zone Conference and so did Elder Cornish (of The Seventy) and his wife :D It was so spiritually edifying and uplifting :D I just love this work. I had a wonderful experience following the spirit this week with Sister Fisher. We were going to an appointment and when we got there our investigator was not home and as we were walking away out of the corner of my eye I noticed a guy at the next apartment building walking outside, smoking and I thought about turning back to talk to him, but Sister Fisher was already ahead so I was still deciding and then a ton of images and feeling came into my mind of how the gospel could change this stranger's life and I felt overwhelmed with the spirit and told Sister Fisher, "Stop! We have to go back". So I turned around, walked right up to Him and started talking and he looked very caught off guard and confused, but we ended up talking for awhile and we sat down and he opened up to us. While he was talking he suddenly stopped and said "I never talk to people and tell them these things, I don't trust anyone, it's surprising that I'm talking to you. I came outside earlier and then went back in, but something tole me I needed to go outside and when I did I saw you two missionaries, but you were walking away and then for some reason you came back". When he said that, I felt the weight of my decision to turn around and I am so grateful the spirit told me to come back, because it was prompting him also. God works in wonderful ways. Well the next day we went to teach a different woman in the neighborhood and turns out it's his sister in law! It was so cool! We were so happy :) I know that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" through God's power. If we can just listen to the spirit and then follow it, amazing things will happen :D. I promise. I love being a missionary! Here's a pic of me with a donkey to brighten your day ;) Hehe.
 Well, I love you all, have a great week!!!! 
-Sister Conrad



No comments:

Post a Comment