Monday, September 21, 2015

Love is spoken here

Hey everyone! 
Well it's hotter than EVER here in Grenada, but I love being here! The work is going good :) We have met some really great new investigators and the family that we had the mud slide with came to church on Sunday!!! :D Yay!!!! The little girls ran up and tackled me at church and they all wanted to hold my hand and sit by me and braid my hair during sacrament, I felt so loved. Well for the first time since primary I sang in sacrament! Hah, not by myself of course, the four of us sisters sang Love is Spoken Here and I was shocked when people actually cried. Or it just sounded that bad, hehe. The members here are so wonderful, I am always amazed at their dedication and especially the overwhelming love the local members have for the missionaries <3. It's such a blessing. This morning, a member named Roger and another named Mathew (who has his mission papers in!) and an investigator took us on a hike to a few waterfalls! :D We picked guava and had fresh sugar cane and mangoes, so it was fantastic. Even greater though than the adventures we have here, is the spirit that is felt when we pray together or go into investigators homes and share the gospel with them. We had a lesson for the first time with a woman two days ago and an hour after she actually came to the relief society activity with us!!! :D She said she loved being around the women and she felt really good and encouraged and when we were in her home I know she felt the spirit <3. My heart goes out to the people here and all the trials they are trying to go through on their own and I want so badly to help them see they don't have to do it alone, they have Jesus Christ. I love the Savior so much and as I read the scriptures, it helps me understand his personality and character more and more. I am amazed at the love He has for all people as I read about the works He did and does. I'm more and more amazed at Him. He's so Wonderful. 
Well I hope you all have an amazing week reading your scriptures :D I love you!!!! 
-Sister Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment