Sunday, October 18, 2015

Rain, Thunderstorms, and love!

this week has been soaking wet!! Haha! :D And luckily, plenty of thunder and lighting, which i LOVE! Also crazy wind storms and things, it's so nice of a break from the intense heat we've been having. It's still hot, but just a little cooler. This is me hiding under a stranger's porch in a rainstorm. Happened quite a bit this week. So we have several new investigators that I am so excited to teach! I love them! Sometimes I am amazed at how prepared they are for receiving the gospel in their lives and when they don't accept it, I just want to cry. I can imagine that's a piece of what Heavenly Father feels when he offers us something wonderful, and we don't accept :( Last night was rough, but at the end of the night we had a miracle. We have taught a 19 year old gal and her mum a couple times and they were sooooo excited about Joseph Smith and then we weren't able to see them for several weeks, but finally last night we had a lesson with them and the father unexpectedly decided to join! :D He didn't tell us at the beginning of the lesson, but he is a Pastor at a church and after sharing the message of the Restoration he said he will read the Book of Mormon!! YAY!!! He said, "If what you're saying is true, then every person in your church should be working really hard to get the message out". How right he is!!!! I'm so grateful to be here at this time! So facts for the week:

-there are fireflies here!!!!! <3
-Everyone wants to hold hands with me. EVERYONE :(
-We hike (yes, hike) 8-10 miles each day
-I cook for the sisters here ALOT
-I LOVE my companion! She is already a boss missionary
-There are now 12 missionaries in Grenada!!! And 8 of them are in one little branch! WHOA.
-I took Elder Something's challenge to 'ponderize' a scripture every week for the rest of my life, so hold me accountable please, Last week it was 1 Corinthians 2:9
-I invite you to take his challenge!!! 
-A few weeks ago the radio guy said it was 94% humidity! What's 100%? A flood?!
Well I love you all dearly and I am so grateful for your prayers and love and encouragement, it keeps me going ;D Love you!!! 
-Sister Conrad


No comments:

Post a Comment