Monday, January 4, 2016

2016!! Happy new year!

Happy 2016 everyone! :D
 My New Year's Eve was great, we had Rebellicious burgers and sparkling cider in our apartment, ahha. I'm so happy to be in Grenada and serving a mission this wonderful new year. I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough for this. I studied the Atonement and pondered it a lot yesterday before sacrament and during testimony meeting I felt the spirit SO STRONG I thought my chest was going to explode, so I bore my testimony and the words of our beloved prophet entered my mind as soon as I did, saying, 
"Regarding one's testimony, that which he willingly shares, he keeps, while that which he selfishly keeps, he loses"..
That really struck me and I felt the love that Jesus Christ has for me so much and I know for a fact there is no way any of us are going to be fit for His kingdom without His atoning sacrifice that was personally made for each one of us. He wants to heal us, He wants to help us be happy forever. He wants to help us improve our selves and our lives. He wants us to live with Him again. If we're not keeping the commandments, we will not receive all of His blessings. It's as simple as that. I have this extremely short period of time to prepare myself to meet Him again and I know that I'm not anywhere close to where I need to be. That's what I've been thinking this week. It was a good week. The work has picked back up yay!!! We are working with some wonderful sons and daughters of God that I want to help soo badly! <3 I love them!! I know the spirit will soften their hearts to follow Him and hear His voice, we just have to do our best to bring this message to them. Sister Timaia is so great, she is always uplifting me and encouraging me whenever I need it <3. I'm so grateful for her Christlike love. She taught Sister Maico and I to sing the Spirit of God in Kiribati last night! It was so cool! she started freaking out saying, "your'e speaking my language, youre' doing it right!". Haha, it was nice. We had a really neat experience last night actually we went to a part member family and the member we went to see was not home, but her mom actually let us in and we talked about our Savior, Jesus Christ with her and I know she felt the spirit and when we went to leave she said, "I wish you could've stayed longer. You can come back next Sunday." :D I was sooooo happy!!! She NEVER let us in before and I've been here for almost half a year! It was a sweet miracle to me <3. I'm taking my Dad's advice, "Teach them Christ". Both my Dads <3. This morning we went to see a waterfall and to my wonderful surprise I got to have a monkey on my shoulder so my 2016 has been made ;). 
Hehe. Have wonderful week everyone!!!!! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment