Monday, November 9, 2015

new companions

HI:D 
Week 2 of this transfer has commenced! :d My new companion, Sister Timaia is wonderful and is going to grow so fast, I can just see it! She is still learning English so that's fun, haha :D It usually ends up in us laughing ;)). She was in the MTC for EIGHT WEEKS! Gosh, that is forever, but now she is here with me, and I am so happy to have her. So Last night I have NEVER seen and heard so muh thunder and lightning i in my life! I LOVED IT!! It was like a firework show!!! BUT it's not so great for misssionary work, because when it rains here, everyone hides in the houses and don't want to do anything, so our appointments cancel a lot. But everything happens for a reason; those who really want to learn the gospel will be willing to meet with us still. So within the first few minutes of Sister Timaia going out into the field, we got drenched, but like me, she loves the rain! :D Guess what?! Our investigator, M. is doing awesome!!! I have only had one treat a day for two weeks and he is doing great with overcoming smoking! I am so proud of him! He is the  best, I love our investigators so much, I just want to take them all home with me. We have about 6 baptisms set for December and I am working and praying that they all keep going strong and following our Savior, Jesus Christ <3. I'm so glad we have a Savior. Those words don't even cut it, but you know how I feel ;). I love the Gospel so much. I'm so grateful for the members here. I can see their eyes opening and their hearts changing and they are becoming more missionary-minded. They are truly keeping their baptismal covenant. What a blessing. Grenada feels like Home <3 I have struggles, but nothing comes close to what the Savior can do and help me to accomplish in this work if I do it His way <3. Guess what else!? I got the package from my Mom and I just want to say THANK YOU to those of you who signed the beach ball!!!!!!!! <3 <3 I lOVE it! It made my week!! I got it last Monday and I was sooo excited, also the coloring pages and letters from the kids, THANK YOU! Hey, to those of you or to those of you who know someone who is considering a mission, but have not decided or have recieved an impression to go, but have not decided to follow it yet:
     From my personal experience, GO AND SERVE. Just GO!!!!! You will NEVER regret it and it will change your life and it will change you and bring you closer to the Savior, more than you even know. I plead with you, go serve your Savior, and your family. It's amazing. Go. It's one of the best decisions I have ever made. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 
-Sister Conrad

No comments:

Post a Comment